Sunday, September 19, 2010

Book Review: Ultra Black Hair Growth II

Hey there!  Happy Sunday!

I told you that I loved reading so I thought I would give you my thoughts on a book that I read recently: Ultra Black Hair Growth II by Cathy Howse.

Below is the format that I will be using for book reviews...

Rating system:
The Publishers Know They Wrong
Skip It
Liked It
Loved It
Desert Island Worthy

Book Title: Ultra Black Hair Growth II: another 6" longer 1 year from now
Author: Cathy Howse
Edition: 2000
Price: $13.45 (but I paid $1.35 less than this because of my Barnes and Noble Members discount.  Go me!)
Overall: If you are looking for extremely basic information on hair care, then this book might do it for you.  Emphasis on might.  Maybe I went in with too high expectations, but this book fell very short of what I expected.  The book is conclusory in so many places that if you are the kind of person that likes to um, have reasoning/rationale for a conclusion, then you will be frustrated when you read this book.  I found that a large part of the book was "Do it because I think that it is right" or "Don't do that because, trust me, it's wrong."  And that sort of explanation does not work for me...or people like me.  I also found myself saying, "Duh" at times because I thought that the information given was so obvious that it should have been used as a building block, not as the "Ah ha!" moment.  So, I would skip getting this book and instead have a good read over at The Natural Haven if you want to find out more about the science of hair.
Random: At times, I did like her very "Sister Girlfriend" approach in various spots in the book.
Rating: Skip it

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment