Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Product Review: Fekkai Advanced Essential Shea Line

So it's my very first product review

Here's my rating system from lowest to highest:
Uh, it's me, not you.
I still think we should see other people
In Lust
In Like
In Love

My price legend is, from least to most expensive:
$: under $8
$$: $8-$20
$$$: $20-$35
$$$$: above $35/eek!

Okay, and the format below is how I'm going to rate these products going forward so let's get going!

Product Name: Fekkai Shea Butter Shampoo
Product Line (if applicable): Fekkai Advanced Essential Shea
Price: $$$ for 8 fl oz
Strengths: Leaves hair feeling clean, but not stripped -sounds like an ad, right?  But seriously, my hair felt clean, but not dried out.  My hair actually still felt soft/moist after the use.
Weaknesses: None so far....except, it did make my relaxed hair feel stripped.  But, since I really could care less about those strands (I don't wear it out in any styles), I don't see this as a weakness.  If you are relaxed, wait until I do a second run of this product and we'll see if the dry feeling for the relaxed hair is a fluke.
Scent: Yummy, like something...clean.  I can see how it could be overpowering to some though.
Chemical Thoughts: Has no harsh surfactants like SLS/ALS.
Random: Never tried Fekkai before and was pleasantly surprised to find that the shampoo was so moisturizing.
Rating: In Lust (I've only tried it once)
Catch Phrase: Fekkai me, baby!


Product Name: Fekkai Shea Butter Conditioner
Product Line (if applicable): Fekkai Advanced Essential Shea
Price: $$$ for 8 fl oz
Strengths: Leaves hair feeling incredibly soft.  It actually made my Type 4a/b hair kinks and coils p.o.p.  It was crazy - little coilies were popping out everywhere...even after I rinsed it out.  Detangling was sooo easy with this conditioner.  My comb just glided through my hair.  Oh, and did I mention that my coilies were popping??!!
Weaknesses: Wish it had a pump dispenser.  It is sort of thick and squeezing the bottle mad hard was a tad annoying at times.  And $23 for an 8 oz bottle of conditioner...not really a great look for the home team.
Scent: Same as the above.
Chemical Thoughts: Low 'cones (silicones). No parabens (check out breast cancer rumors - no proven causal link, but would you risk it given what you read about breast cancer and paraben presence?).
Random: This is the softest that my hair has ever felt with a conditioner since I have been transitioning.  My hair is still soft and moisturized a full day after washing/conditioning.  I am definitely falling.  Hard.
Rating: In Lust (I've only tried it once)
Catch Phrase: Fekkai me, baby!

Has anyone tried Fekkai?  How about their curl line?  What were your thoughts?

I like to try products a few times to really fall in love.  So, I'll keep you posted. 

Two fingers.  Sideways.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great review. LOL Great rating system! I never used Fekkai before but I might try this line after what your experience was. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete